When I first began to learn the ins and outs of blog design I had so much fun when I would find cool ways to spruce up my personal blog.
For me it’s was super satisfying to learn how to do things myself…I guess that’s why I ended up starting this business.
For all you DIY’ers here is a great site where you can create a blog button grab box code. It’s super easy to use. You just need to have your button image uploaded to a place like Photobucket.com.
When you create your blog button make sure not to make too big. The standard sizes are 125×125 pixels and 150 x150 pixels. You can create the image for your blog button on Pixlr.com or any photo editing program. I personally use Photoshop.
1.Once you have your image created make sure to upload it to Photobucket.com
2. Copy and paste the “direct link” of your image from Photobucket.
3. Go to http://www.mycoolrealm.com/sandbox/gbgen/ and fill out the boxes with your info:
4. You can choose the colors and size for the container. I like to make my width the same width as my blog button and like to make the height 40px.
5. Once you’re done click “Preview” and you will see how it will look:
6. If all looks good just click on “Get Code” and then click “Select”. Press CTRL C to copy and then use that code in your sidebar widget.
You’re all done! Pretty nifty!